- Got my flu shot during my physical this year. I’ve always been a believer in the flu shot (especially in the quadrivalent flu shot), but now that I have a baby, I think that everyone should get flu shots. Since baby girl was too young to get a flu shot during last year’s flu season, I was hyper-aware of the flu since it could potentially kill her. By the way, a babies can get them at 6 months, she was just too young. I wouldn’t let people come take care of her if they didn’t have a flu shot. You can never be too careful. This year, like every year, my husband and I got our shots, and baby girl is getting hers in two weeks. So, go get your flu shots everyone!
- Tropical Storm Nate is now threatening the panhandle of Florida again. Yay… So far, it looks like it’s going to turn into a Cat 1 hurricane, but the path has it heading towards Louisiana. Hopefully, it won’t shift eastward towards us. St. Medard, patron saint of bad weather, don’t let a second hurricane hit us. Pretty please. update-we just got rain
- Cecilia’s birthday party is next weekend, and it kind of snuck up on me. It’s vintage Winnie the Pooh themed, so get excited for a flood of pictures.
- We also went to the pumpkin patch this weekend. Was it 90 degrees? Maybe. Baby girl was definitely over it after 10 minutes, but we did get a ton of cute pumpkins to decorate our apartment. She was not a fan of the crying, screaming children also getting their picture taken.
- I’m dying in this heat. It need to get below 80 degrees sometime soon. It’s kind of ridiculous.
- I’ve recently been super into tea. I drink multiple cups at work to keep myself awake, but I need tea suggestions. I drink both caffeinated teas and herbal teas. My faves are from Mystic Monk, but I just wanted input.
- We’re planning a November beach trip with some of our trad friends here, and I am SO EXCITED! It will be Cecilia’s first time at the beach, so if you have any beach baby tips, let me know.
Visit Kelly at This Ain’t the Lyceum for more Quick Takes.