- The baby woke up with a cold today, so that’s going to be oodles of fun to deal with this weekend. Ya’ll, a sick baby is the saddest little thing ever. You just feel so powerless with a cold. You can’t do anything to help her. Let me know if you have any tips for how to make your little one more comfortable when they get a cold.
- I’m currently reading Everyone Brave is Forgive by Chris Cleave. So far so good. I do need to finish it by next Saturday, so that’s the goal for this weekend.
- I’m so over the heat. Living in Florida, I’m just so ready for some cooler weather. I will literally take any temperature that does not make me instantly shiny in the face or sweat while walking from my car to my office (aka anything less than 80). Sadly, we won’t get that until December.
- I’ve recently starting saying a decade of the rosary with my 10-month-old in the car while we drive to daycare. I hope the prayers stick with her at least on some subconscious way, but I do want to incorporate more prayer into our family life. How do you guys pray as a family?
- I’m trying to come up with some cheap date night ideas. We are trying to use babysitters, and we usually end up just going to get dinner. What are some fun indoor ideas? It’s too hot to do anything outside.
- My child bit me for the first time ever on my arm yesterday. Teething, I see you, and I don’t like you.
- I recently joined the Diverse Books Club to try to diversify my reading. This month, we will be reading the Underground Railroad and Stella by Starlight. Definitely check them out.
Visit Kelly at This Ain’t the Lyceum for more Quick Takes.