This is the first weekly tag for the Summer Library Challenge.
1. What’s the name of your library and how close is it to where you live?
It is the Collins Main Library, and it is exactly 3.4 miles away from where I live. I also go to the Eastside branch which is 4.2 miles away.
2. How frequently do you go to the library?
I try to go once or twice a month. I have a strict budget, so I get many of my books from the library.
3. What is the first section you normally go to when you get to the library?
I always go to the New Arrivals display and the Fiction section. Then, I try to peruse the YA and Non-fiction sections.
4. Share a link to your library’s webpage. How often do you use it and what for?
I use the library online resources quite often. I use it to see what books are available, request books, and check on my due dates.
5. Does your library have a summer reading program for your age group? Do you participate and why or why not?
They might. I haven’t really checked. I have never really participated in a book club before. I don’t know if my schedule would allow it. I should give it a go.
6. What is one thing you can think of that would make your library better?
Faster acquisition of new titles. I feel like their new arrivals were released 4-5 months ago. It takes them a while to get new titles.
7. Does your library have a self checkout station and do you use it more than the circulation clerks?
They do, but I typically don’t use it because I usually have books on hold. I just go to the desk, and it’s easier for them to check me out.
8. What programs have you attended or thought of attending at your library?
I haven’t attended an event at the library. They mostly have programs for children and teens. Kind of not my scene.
9. Do you have family that utilizes the library with you? Who is your “library buddy”?
From time to time, my boyfriend will come with me, but I prefer to go alone. That way I don’t have the pressure to go quickly because someone is waiting on me.
10. What is the best thing about your library?
The books. Literally, I feel so at peace knowing that all theses books exists. I could never read them all in my lifetime, and that fact is sometimes overwhelming. However, it just makes me so excited to know that I have all these books to explore.